Monday, January 28, 2008

Columbia-Patuxent Rotary - Follow up

Dear Columbia-Patuxent Rotary Members,

Thank you for the warm and friendly reception I received as a speaker at your last meeting. I found your group remarkably awake and engaging in spite of the fact that you start your meetings at 7:30 a.m.!

I particularly want to thank Roy Felipe for initiating my presentation about generational life courses. And I'd like to thank Alan Jefferson for making sure I got all the information I needed. Alan just asked me for the books I recommended during my presentation; they are --
Now, I still need to fill some of the seats in my upcoming classes. I'd be happy to see some of your smiling faces in the room. :-) As well, if you know anyone who may benefit from the information I'll be sharing, will you let them know about my classes? They are --
Rock on.

Jessie
Email

2 comments:

MyFriendFate said...

What are your thoughts about the crisis era that Generations predicts?

I recently saw a History Channel documentary on how 2012 would be "doomsday" for our planet as we know it.

Then I remembered about Generations and it's prediction. It only served to reinforce a scary scenario.

Anonymous said...

Many thoughts, iio ... too many for one comment. But overall, upbeat receptivity and being aware of its coming is a fair description. The reason I'm not scared is because the generational constellation of a Crisis Era is fabulous for "correcting" and evolving in a manner appropriate to the conditions and time. It may hurt, it may be tough, but the cleansing, the jump, the evolution beyond it is awesome.

Plus, Crisis Eras bring people together, which, after an era of Unraveling, is a welcomed thing.

You're a GenXer, I assume. No need to fear. Your skills and world view now will be more needed than ever in the coming years.

2012 is a whole different subject.

***

I blog with more opinion about generations elsewhere. Click on my name link in this comment.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites